Thursday, August 6, 2009

My first Mobile Phone App: The flashing tail light!

Cycling on crowded, poorly illuminated city streets can be a nightmare thanks to the recklessness of vehicular traffic. Cyclists, like pedestrians, are known to be accident prone. Lack of separate cycling tracks adds to their predicament. Considering the ubiquitous presence of mobile phones, I realised that these gadgets can be deployed quickly as a safety gadget if used as a tail light. All one needs is a transparent backpack. Install my piece of software on any MIDP2 compatible java enabled mobile phone and enhance your safety as a pedestrian or a cyclist on city roads!

My .jar package can be downloaded here. (I have used Sun's J2ME Wireless Toolkit) Install the app on your phone and you are ready to go!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

awsome maan......... ashish ur a true genious..... supereb

Pratap Tokekar said...

Super cool!
Brilliant idea too!

Ashish said...

Glad u liked it guys!